Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Random

~I have an appointment with our lawyer this morning. After that, I'll probably be heading up to the courthouse in Mojave to file a challenge to the papers served last week. I had Le-Le sign the cheques to be used, even though it's a joint account. She is the Defendant after all.

I'm going to do most of the 'heavy lifting' on this this, the meetings and filings and such. The effort may make me 'moody', but I can sleep that shit off. Le-Le really cannot. And if this works out as I hope, signing cheques may be all that is required of her.

The Other Side's papers were filed the same day that Le-Le wrote her letter to That Woman. I have no doubt that its content caused some consternation. But I expect that The Ambulance Chaser probably said to That Woman, “Look, you spent the two hundred and fifty dollars on the filing fee, so let me serve her and see what happens.” He may have even tossed that service in as a freebie.

The strategy here is to show that we're prepared to fight this thing all the way down the line. In the papers it mentions that a single offer was made in response to the March 15th 'auction', but it was not accepted. I'll bet good money it was a pittance. Add that to the numbers Le-Le's letter pointed out and it's possible That Woman will give up once we push back again.

Le-Le did say that we were going to get out of here both because of the structural issues and the legal provenance issues. Even if That Woman chills out, the legal status of this place is still very cloudy. Combined with a leaky roof and a moldy closet et al...well, time to go.

We do have the means and the opportunity to do so. We just need some breathing space to work that out. If that means beating up old ladies in court, then so be it. It's not like we didn't give her an out.

And you can take that to the bank...

No comments: