Monday, April 18, 2011

Her Prophet Writes

~So, here's the state of The Explanation as it presently stands:

The Explanation is at the moment - rounded to the nearest hundred - 57, 700 words long. I'm expecting the finished product to hit 70,000 words no sweat. Probably more.

Her Prophet Explains: "Preface"
~I'm basically happy with the Preface, though I'm going to give it another once over for clarity.

Her Prophet Explains: "The Introduction"
~The Introduction is short and to the point. Don't see any need for a major re-do at the moment.

Her Prophet Explains: Part One "Her Prophet"
~Just gave this baby a serious re-write and punch up. It rocks and hard.

Her Prophet Explains: Part Two "The Temple's Metaphysics"
~I realized why I'm unsatisfied with this chapter. It does cover everything, but it's dull. The Pentavalent is The Key to the entire concept and this chapter just sorta 'lays there'. I'm wondering if I have to scrap it and go back to Square One. Oy...

Her Prophet Explains: Part Three "The Temple's Grand Strategy"
~I'm pretty happy with this chapter. I'll let it be for now, but give it a once over when the rest is done.

Her Prophet Explains: Part Four "The Temple's Tactical Initiatives"
~This chapter has many parts and I'll keep expanding them as I go along. I'm actually looking forward to that. Got buckets of ideas and notes.

Her Prophet Explains: Part Five "The Trikona”
~Just did a re-write on this and am well pleased.

Her Prophet Explains: Part Six “Stories and Works” [Intro/Near Future]
Her Prophet Explains: Part Six “Stories and Works” [Far Future]

~Ah, yes, this chapter. *sigh* Lots of outlines and half finished pieces here. In some ways I dread this. But in others, I get very excited. There is some profoundly inspiring work to do here.

Her Prophet Explains: Part Seven “Summation”
~I thought this needed a substantial re-write, but when I read it again I found it holds up quite well as is.

Her Prophet Explains: Addendum A [Revealed Knowledge]
~This is still unfinished and I have no idea when it will get finished. It shall stand as is for the foreseeable future.

Her Prophet Explains: Addendum B [Tales of the VÄ“kkan Cults]
~This is the Space Opera version of a New Matriarchy. These tales are great fun and I shall write a number of much longer works based upon this universe.

Her Prophet Explains: Addendum C [Her Prophet Sez It 'Brooklyn Style']
~This is what it is, baby.

Her Prophet Explains: Addendum D [The Temple's Flag]
~This is our Logo and what it means. An essential piece of the plan.

...and there you have it.

No comments: