Thursday, July 29, 2010

Facing The Page

~I did a word count on the short story I'm presently writing for The Explanation and it came out at a little over 3600. And I'm only about 2/3's of the way done. Given that A; this is only one of a half dozen stories 'in the pipeline' and B; The Explanation is already at over 44,000 words, I suspect I'm looking at a final total of at least 60,000 and that's before I do any re-writing of the 'didactic sections'. This one alone is going to push it right up to 50,000, which is what I had thought would the total of the final first draft until now.

Plus, as I was going back through old entrees on the subject looking for material for said re-writing, I realized that I first started on this project nearly three years ago with The First Rough Assemblage of a Temple Information Package, which runs barely 6000 words.

And so it is....

No comments: